Carrot Greens scrambled with Eggs | Carrot Greens Bhurji

Paromita Pramanick

You might have come across a lot of green leafy vegetables in the markets or growing in your own little garden which you might consume for edible purposes. But have you ever wondered that carrot leaves are edible too? The carrot greeny tops are highly nutritious containing more vitamins than the fruit. The leaves are vegan, gluten-free, tastes slightly bitter, can be eaten raw in salads or lightly stir-fried in oil. Today my recipe is from a few home-grown carrot tops, which I occasionally grow in my terrace garden.

Paromita Pramanick
Carrots with its top
It was just a few months ago when I was amused to discover out the bright green freshly plucked green part of a carrot can be eaten. Yes, I'm talking about the carrot leaves because I had not heard about it earlier or it was not among our usual routine dishes. Therefore, the fact was I never come across the carrot tops earlier or which I may have missed to find out in the nearby markets or simply must have discarded using only the vegetable.
Paromita Pramanick
Carrot Greens
Until one particular day just about a few months ago when my sister returned home from the market bringing in a wholesome bunch of cute baby carrot with its fresh green tops. I knew a little about its edible sources, and as I like to experiment with my cooking skills, I came up with an uncommon recipe building up in my mind. Plunging into the notion of what can be cooked with those beautiful greenery.

Paromita Pramanick

I asked my mom that I'm gonna prepare a different dish today which you haven't tasted or known earlier. That is how I prepared a very new 'Carrot Greens Stir-fry' for the first time a few months ago. 'Carrot Greens Stir-fry' a brilliantly equipped recipe with carrot greens, tender carrots as the key ingredients in the recipe. Everyone ate a newly invented recipe for the first time and gave a thumbs-up, most importantly my father appraising to the fact that it was an unknown and new thing he was having.

Paromita Pramanick

So this made me continue making 'Carrot Greens Stir-fry' in different and new innovative way every now and then whenever the carrot tops are brought at home. I'll share one such recipe 'Carrot Greens Bhurji' that I prepared today, keeping carrots and its greens as the main ingredient, adding the eggs as an additional ingredient this time. Head on to the recipe with its method of preparation and pictures below. I'm sure you are gonna like it!! Try your own recipe with carrot greens and share your recipe experience with me.

Paromita Pramanick

Tips: Use the tender carrot tops and do not over fry them. As carrot greens taste a bit bitter, avoid over burning the leaves.

[Non-Veg]

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes

Course: Side
Cuisine: Indian/ Fusion
Serves: 2
Measuring Items: 1 cup = 150 ml ; Teaspoon

Ingredients:
  1. Carrot- 1 whole
  2. Carrot greens- a bunch
  3. Onion- 1 large
  4. Green chili- 2
  5. Egg- 2
Spices:
  1. Turmeric powder- half tsp
  2. Red Mirchi powder- half tsp
  3. Black pepper powder- 1 Tsp
  4. Salt- for taste
Method:

How to prepare ‘Carrot Greens Bhurji’ with step by step pictures and instructions-
  1. Chop the vegetables as shown in the picture.
  2. Heat oil in a non-stick pan, put the sliced onions, carrot, and green chili. Stir for 2 minutes.
  3. Now add the carrot greens, turmeric, and red Mirchi powder. Mix well.
  4. Crack two eggs and pour into the pan with black pepper powder topped on it.
  5. Fry them altogether stirring lightly with the spatula.
  6. Finally, sprinkle salt as per the taste.
A healthy and nutritious meal for your loved ones, this ‘Carrot Greens Bhurji’ recipe looks deliciously yummy and tastes superbly awesome. The leaves of carrot are considered highly valuable, hence the next time when you come across these nutritive contents in the markets nearby, do not discard the leaves. As the carrot greens are highly rich in protein, minerals, and vitamins, I strongly recommend preparing this simple Carrot Greens Stir-fry recipe for your weekday's quick meal option. You can skip using the eggs and use any other vegetables such as soya, brinjal, sweet potato or potato. Prepare this easy 'Carrot Greens Bhurji' and tell me how you liked it. Enjoy cooking, serving and eating!!
Paromita Pramanick

Paromita Pramanick ©2018. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.