'Dum Biryani' with easy steps


Before I start my today's post, I would like to wish all my friends who celebrate Eid, "Wish you all a very Happy Eid-ul-Fitr". As today is the joyous occasion marking the end of Ramadan, which is the month of fasting and abstinence from luxurious pleasures. The day is celebrated only after the site of the New Moon. While people fast for a month in the holy Ramzan, they celebrated this divine day with full joyous and preparing a number of authentic delicacies.


We Indians do not miss out on any festivals, be it Id, Diwali or Christmas, we just need a reason to prepare scrumptious delicacies for any special occasions, because the food is the only thing that brings all of us and the whole country together. I remember from my school days memories, how my best friend used to bring a bag with boxes filled with Biryani, Salan, Raita, Firni, on each and every year for this special day. I wasn't too much aware of the rituals they follow, but she had told me that they usually share the food they prepare at home with their friends, relatives, neighbours etc. She had also told me a lot more about their Eid traditions which I have probably lost in my memories. However, food is something that binds us all together. My friend is still in Bangalore, whereas am too far now. But her memories and the taste of the delightful treat that I would have been waiting all years on every Eid is still in my heart and soul.


Therefore today's special recipe post is for this auspicious day, it is 'Dum Biryani. This 'Dum Biriyani' recipe is not a one pot meal, although it can be cooked in just one pot step by step, it requires some time to prepare one after the other. However, I have mentioned the instructions with the steps and pictures. Head on to the recipe for 'Dum Biryani' with easy steps, that I have shared below:
Tips:
  1. Do not overcook the vegetables, just stir frying is needed.
  2. No need to soak rice, if so only 20-30 minutes is enough. Parboil the rice.
[Non-Veg]
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 60 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Course: Main
Cuisine: Indian
Serves: 4
Measuring Items: 1 cup = 150 ml ; Teaspoon; Tablespoon

Ingredients:
  1. Basmati Rice- 1.5 kg
  2. French Beans- 100 grams
  3. Carrot- 4
  4. Onion-5
  5. Green Chili- 10
  6. Tomato- 6
  7. Ginger-garlic paste- 1 tbsp
  8. Fresh Coriander leaves
Spices:
  1. Ghee (clarified butter) - 1 cup
  2. Red Mirchi powder- 2 Tsp
  3. Turmeric powder- 2 Tsp
  4. Refined oil- half cup
  5. Food colour- 1 pack/ 50 grams (optional)
Instructions:

How to prepare 'Dum Biryani' with step by step pictures and instructions- 
  1. Marinade chicken with half tsp turmeric powder and salt. Cook in a pan with ghee, onion, ginger-garlic paste, turmeric-Mirchi powder, and alt. cover with a lid and cook until chicken is cooked.
  2. Now chop all the vegetables and keep them aside.
  3. Heat a cooking wok with 2 tbsp of Ghee, put all the chopped veggies and salt, turmeric-Mirchi powder, coriander leaves. stir-fry them until golden brown.
  4. Pour in about 1 tbsp of lemon juice and mix well.
  5. Add Biryani masala powder and mix well.
  6. Remove the fried veggies in a vessel and keep aside.
  7. Take a huge cooking vessel, boil water, add 2 tsp oil and food colour.
  8. Put the rice in boiling water and boil until it gets cooked half a bit.
  9. Drain water from rice, and layer the prepared chicken and veggies.
  10. Cover the lid of the vessel, either seal it with dough or just load upon the lid with a heavy iron utensil.
  11. Cook on a low flame for about 20 to 30 minutes. Remove the cover and serve hot with raita.
Dum Biryani
So this version of my 'Dum Biryani' with easy steps, is very simple, it just requires the proper amount of ingredients and the instructions follow up. Prepare this 'Dum Biryani' with easy steps and let me know how you liked it. I'm sure you would love this version as this recipe quite resembles the North and South Indian Biryani recipes to the most, and when it comes to biryani, bring out a name of one such nonveg eater who doesn't like Biryani. I'm a die-hard fan of biryani n I don't mind having it on any day or even without any particular occasion and today is the obvious reason to prepare 'Biryani'. A small prep from my end to celebrate this auspicious day.
Eid Mubarak to all my dear friends!! May Allah bless everyone with good fortune, love, health, and prosperity.
Enjoy cooking, serving and eating!!

Paromita Pramanick ©2018. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.