Chicken Curry

Paromita Pramanick

Chicken Curry is the best option for all your weekend meals. It just got even better with this easy to make and super delicious Chicken Curry. This recipe features the best of any Bengali flavors, chicken is simmered in a delectable readily available regular spices. This Chicken Curry recipe is without a doubt the best option to make the great side dish paired with roti, parathas and steamed rice.

I must not forget to mention here that my husband cooks better than me when it comes to the chicken recipes. I would even love to share his chicken recipes with you sometimes in future. He just loves chicken preparation as well as eating to the most of it, of course, he doesn't forget to ask me to taste the recipe first as how’s the taste and if the salt is alright and then he himself serve me first on the plate. Our Sundays especially start with he going to the market, bringing the chicken, then he himself cleans the chicken, then marinade and cook all by himself.

When it comes to good food, my husband takes the center stage for all the traditional dishes. Well, this Chicken Curry is simple yet so rich in flavor. The modern culinary masterpieces have so much to learn from the simple traditional recipes. This Chicken curry recipe is basically I learned from my mother, hence I must say this recipe to be my mum’s recipe. Cooking at first hand I have learned from my mother, however the love for my cooking started after my marriage, as I had to compete with my husband in cooking for the better recipes.

Most of the chicken recipes are often irresistible and rich that will leave you craving for more. The base of the chicken recipes is most often using both whole and powdered spices. I have used the very basic regular available spices in our kitchen.

[Non-Veg]

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes

Course: Side
Cuisine: Indian/Bengali
Serves: 4
Measuring Items: 1 cup=150 ml, Teaspoon

Ingredients:
  1. Chicken- 500 grams
  2. Onion- 6 (large)
  3. Green Chilli- 6
  4. Ginger- an inch sized
  5. Garlic- 10 cloves (approx)
  6. Tomato- 5
Spices:
  1. Turmeric powder- 3 tsp
  2. Mirchi powder- 4 tsp
  3. Coriander powder- 2 tsp
  4. Cumin powder- 2 tsp
  5. Garam Masala- 1 tsp
  6. Salt (as per taste)
  7. Mustard Oil- 1 ½ cup
  8. Sugar- ½ cup
Method:
  1. Wash the chicken pieces properly. Drain the water completely.
  2. Marinade the chicken with Mustard Oil (1/2 cup),Turmeric powder- Mirchi powder- Coriander powder- Cumin powder- Garam Masala (each 1 tsp) and salt. Keep it for at least 1 hour.
  3. Heat the remaining oil in a pan. Add sugar in the warm oil to get the texture in the recipe.
  4. Once sugar turns brownish, start adding chopped onions, green chillies, ginger- garlic paste. Sauté for 5 mins.
  5. Now add the chopped tomatoes, fry until it gets thickened and leaves the oil. Meanwhile put the remaining spices (turmeric powder, mirchi powder and salt).
  6. Now add the chicken pieces. Mix well with the masala. Cover the lid in the pan and cook for 15-20 mins. Open the lid and keep mixing in between.
  7. When the chicken becomes soft, add 2 cups of water. Simmer for 5 mins. Curry gets thickened and is ready to be served. 
This Chicken Curry recipe is the most basic of all the chicken dishes that are cooked in most of the Bengali kitchen. We all love chicken. Don’t we? Especially I and my family just groove over chicken unlike anybody else. We prepare chicken curry in different varieties. This Chicken recipe is very easy to prepare and also very healthy and tasty. You can have it with hot steamed rice and also with chapatis or bread. So try out this recipe and help me with your feedback. Enjoy cooking, serving and eating!!

Paromita Pramanick
Paromita Pramanick ©2017. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.